10 Tips for a Terrific Week
Sept 30 – Oct 4, 2019
- Pick your sessions. If you haven’t already, mosey right over here and choose the sessions you want to attend. They’re filling up, so don’t dawdle! Remember, you don’t have to stay in any one track—this conference is for YOU.
- Get the Sched app on your phone so you’ll be able to see your schedule at a glance anytime. Look us up by our event abbreviation: FBWDEN19.
- Check out our venue map if you need to. Head over to our homepage and scroll down to see a map of the venues hosting sessions and activities. We chose spots that wouldn’t be too far apart—all are within a 15-minute drive of one another.
- Need childcare? Sign up and save. Our sponsor Nanno will be providing childcare at WorkAbility all week long—at 50% off their regular rates! Learn more and book your childcare here.
- Don’t forget those business cards! Though Genghis Kern will be providing some neato blank cards you can use, if you have ready-made cards, be sure to bring them.
- Connect online. The best way to maintain an ongoing connection with the people you meet at #FBWDen is to connect on Instagram, LinkedIn, and any other social media you like to use. Go ahead and get one another’s addresses so you can do that right away.
- Scope out the spaces. A lot of #FBWDEN’s venues are coworking spaces. So you’ll have a convenient opportunity to see what they’re all about.
- Have work to do? No problem. We understand—we’re freelancers too! If you need to plug in to stay on top of those deadlines, go for it. WorkAbility and The Riveter will be particularly accommodating on this front, but wherever you find yourself, if you need to get work done, go for it.
- Remember that you’re among friends. We promise: there is no need to be intimidated by anyone at #FBWDen. Even the speakers, the experts, the veterans… they’re all interested in talking with you. The more we all connect with one another, the more we can help one another and grow together.
- Have fun! This will happen naturally, but we thought we’d remind you about it. Hit the happy hour. Mingle at the marketplace. Laugh about clients with peers who understand. Revel in escaping the 9-to-5 grind and forging your own future, and remember why being a freelancer is the best!
If you need any help, email email@example.com